|Lots of anomalies|
The more reports we read on the Boston Bombing, the less sense the Official reports make.
The "official" reports need to be consistent, but they are not.
We'll present our critique of this event in several segments from the personal experience standpoint of having been, in succession, an intelligence operative, a special agent with experience in [successful] counter-terrorist operations and an investigator of national security issues, a strategic analyst at the Pentagon and the State Department, and, directing international intelligence operations.
Thus, we can dispense with petty sniping from those whose experience is based on X-Box games or watching episodes of "24".
The basic story of the Boston Bombing is that two Chechen young men emplaced two pressure cooker IEDs packed with ball bearings and nails near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. They then detonated the bombs, likely using remote controls with batteries, causing injuries to runners and bystanders, killing three. That scenario has now been expanded to claim the two perps were part of a 12-man "sleeper cell."
1) Photos from mounted cameras as well as bystanders showing the explosions and various suspicious characters were distributed to the Media and on the Internet.
2) Photos showing the two "perps", one wearing a white baseball cap, were distributed in short order.
3) Suspicious characters were detained and questioned; among them a Saudi national who was
quickly released and shipped off to Ryadh. Rumors now claim he was part of the "sleeper cell".
|SEALs as||all guys?|
a) Two persons of interest were apparently Navy SEALs assigned to the Exercise. The leaks may have been intended to make SEALs the fall guys.
[Of note is the number of SEALs who have died mysteriously since their hit on Osama bin Laden]
b) DHS denied the Exercise included the Marathon
c) Spectators stated there were repeated Marathon announcements referencing a "security exercise" and they should not be concerned by bomb-sniffing dogs or security personnel.
[Notably, the bomb-sniffing dogs did not detect the bombs]
|Real bombs later went off|
d) The Boston Globe tweeted to officials:
"There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities"
4) The perps, after months of meticulous planning and preparation, now, in the midst of a massive police, FBI, and DHS presence, rob a convenience store and shoot/kill a campus policeman, drawing the attention of the entire law enforcement community to them.
5) The perps then carjack a vehicle, the owner of which states that he saw them "light a fuse" on a pressure cooker.
6) The police conduct a high speed chase, during which shots are fired, and the perps toss bombs out the vehicle window.
7) The police have a shoot-out with the perps, killing the older perp, and wounding the younger one.
[Audio of the shoot-out sounds like what one would hear on a shooting range; i.e., evenly spaced pistol shots, one at a time, followed by a rifle shot, then followed by dozens of weapons being fired simultaneously, as if every armed law enforcement officer felt compelled to empty his weapon.]
|Infrared aerial photo|
8) The police discover the younger perp hiding in covered boat parked in the backyard of a Boston citizen, who discovered the wounded lad in the boat, even though the perp was not visible, and there were no blood trails leading to the boat, or any reason the boat's owner would inspect the boat since he was supposedly out for a smoke.
Let's look at the Pressure Cooker IEDs/bombs, for now.
We'll return later to the overall scenario , which we liken to a Hollywood script rather than a realistic account of the event. We'll examine the entire scenario piecemeal to highlight all the discrepancies in the "official" version of this latest "terrorist" event.
Of late, there is an official report that the perps carjacked a vehicle, and the owner stated that one of the perps "lit the fuse" on a pressure cooker. If the pressure cooker bombs used timers and batteries for detonation, it likely would not make sense to "light a fuse" on such a device, unless the bombers wished to blow themselves up.
It's possible he was lighting a fuse on a small IED, e.g., CO2 cartridge with a drilled top; but, that would be tiny compared with a "cooker" bomb; so, even a person completely ignorant of such things could tell the difference between a bomb the size of a small radish vs one the size of a pumpkin. But, such small IEDs would tie to the official accounts that the perps were tossing bombs out the window of the car during the high speed chase.
For the moment, let's address the pressure cooker IED issues:
1) The recovered cooker was bent, but had no holes, large or small, which would be normal in a shrapnel producing IED.
2) The lid of the cooker was found on top of a nearby building, indicating it was placed and detonated upright, which would indicate a blast throwing shrapnel outward and upward, causing upper body injuries.
3) The actual blast was directional, much like a Claymore, which distributes shrapnel at ground level, inflicting damage on lower body extremities [i.e., legs].
|Will this fit in your backpack?|
4) Cookers are too large to fit easily into backpacks.
5) Backpacks stuffed with a cooker and left in place would be vulnerable to pedestrians kicking or tripping over them; or, possibly removal by petty thieves.
New reports claim the perps placed the bombs only minutes before the detonations, whereas original reporting claimed the bombs had been pre-positioned hours before.
These instructions in al Qaeda magazine Inspire are drawn from the Anarchist's Cookbook produced in 1971 by William Powell of the Weather Underground, led by Bill Ayers - Mr Obama's business partner in Chicago.
|Flags on right didn't move; no shrapnel?|
Notably, the explosion blew the flags, but apparently no shrapnel; otherwise, the officials near the blue barriers would have been ripped apart. Instead, they're quite casual.
[Was there any shrapnel?]
One conclusion would be the placement of "cookers" to create smoke and noise, while, the actual IED would be a Claymore mine, easily packed into a backpack with multiple means of detonation.
The majority of those treated at nearby hospitals had wounds to the lower body/extremities, consistent with the directional Claymore, but, inconsistent with the pressure cooker IED.
We do not challenge the fact that this event occurred, nor do we challenge the fact that the Chechens were involved in some way. Unfortunately, one perp is dead, the other is severely wounded and unavailable for comment or interrogation.
Were the perps "role players"?
A scenario presented is that the Chechens were hired as part of the security exercise, and expected to be rounded up as part of the exercise -- thus the distinctive white cap as an easy identifier, and the videos of the Perps placing bags near the finish line. And the carjacking of a witness who described in detail their plans to attack New York City before he was released.
|Noise and Smoke - but no shrapnel! [Telegraph]|
|Arms Tech, Ltd MM-1 Directional [Claymore] Mine|
As to the injuries/deaths of runners and spectators, it would make sense to examine the lateral blast pattern of military Claymore mines as an explanation for all those lower body wounds on spectators and runners. So, where did those Claymores come from?
Military Claymores [[8.5"x 5"x1.5"] have an effective range of about 150 feet, but a smaller version [see photo] would be more likely. This one is small [5" x 3" x1.5"], weighing about two pounds - with about 400 steel balls. Kill radius is about 50 feet with a swath of 16 feet, targeting the lower body.
Most intriguing is the totally incongruous hold-up of a convenience store, the shooting of the campus police officer, and the car-jacking -- which suddenly recast the Chechens from role players to "perps" -- ending in a real shoot-out with law enforcement officers who presumed they were dealing with real terrorists.
The latest twist on this convoluted story is that the two Chechen youths were a part of a 12-man "sleeper cell". So, now, the scenario has been created by which DHS can rationalize imposing national police powers in their regional -- or even national search for terrorists. There are precedents for such scenarios, particularly with the FBI.
There is also the Israeli Intelligence take on this event, claiming the Chechen brothers were double agents, trained by the FBI/DHS to penetrate al Qaeda terrorist cells -- but who were doubled by al Qaeda into carrying out an actual attack. Something to consider, but we suspect there is some fiction wrapped in fact there.
Look for suspensions of your rights as DHS invokes the provisions of the Patriot Act and the NDAA as they pursue "terrorists." This will not end well.
The official accounts continue to be anomalous; and so far, we can only assume this scenario was created as a Hollywood movie script, complete with role players -- and live victims.